Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Pursuit of Happyness: Chris Gardner's stuggle to survive

Another thing I liked about The Pursuit of Happyness is the way it depicts Chris’s struggle to survive. It also shows the tough job market in the USA. You would say that Chris was not highly educated, that is why he had a tough time but I am a resident of Bangladesh. I know that many people of our country live in New York and they have to struggle a lot to survive in the big tough city. Every year, a large number of students from our country go to abroad. Very few of them have the capability to bear the expense of education in abroad. Most of the Bangladeshi students do part time jobs and continue their study. It is a long process and many of them can not complete their studies. For this reason, I can really connect myself with the character of Chris Gardner. Had I gone to USA for higher studies, I would have to struggle like Chris; it would have been worse for me. Chris had to lie to his colleagues in the office. Compared to other workers, he had to give more effort as this was the only option left to him. I liked the scene where the tax hits Chris and he loses his shoe.

No comments: